The New York collection of photos has shots of Broadway, the Guggenheim and Central Park. I loved the break dancers I saw at Central Park and the Motown singers performing on the street near the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My top NY photo picks focus more on street scenes than people. SCROLL DOWN to see the break dance VIDEO and read TRIP HIGHLIGHTS...
- Spending time with my friend, Lizzie and her brother Steve - I stayed with Lizzie in Manhattan
- Walking in Central Park - I heard a great saxophonist there.
- Going to the Guggenheim - I saw a Futurists exhibition.
- The pace and scale of everything - the vivid street life - busking
- People's very definite pronouncements: "I will NEVER pretend to be your servant." [a babysitter to a girl of around 8]. "She has never left her mother - not for one hour, not even for one minute." [two elderly women] "Don't even argue with me, they have you on tape." [guy on a phone]